Tuesday, March 22, 2011

here I am again

again [əˈgɛn əˈgeɪn]
adv
1. another or second time; once more; anew she had to start again
2. once more in a previously experienced or encountered place, state, or condition she came back again

Well it seems that I am back where I was in my second post all those months ago ...
I went for a run today. And, like I wrote previously, I thoroughly enjoyed it! And, again, like I wrote previously, I know the reason I stopped doesn’t really matter – it’s that I started up again that does. This time around I have set some achievable goals in a desperate attempt to stick to my commitment to run; to “do more”. Yet here I am in another paradox: I am feeding my addiction to accomplish more and in feeding this addiction to feel the success of my present commitment I am actually achieving more of the things I think I want to accomplish. But if I have learned anything it is that I will repeat my past unless I make some reasonable changes to the same approaches. And herein lays a fundamental challenge of change: to change any behaviour I must first change.  
Happy musings!

No comments:

Post a Comment